Sunday, June 6, 2010

It Was The Summer Time...

"Summer romances begin for all kinds of reasons, but when all is said and done, they have one thing in common. They're shooting stars, a spectacular moment of light in the heavens, fleeting glimpse of eternity, and in a flash they're gone."
-The Notebook

This has to be one of the most truthful and meaningful quotes of all time.
Unfortunately summer romance is the exact reason why I refuse to get involved with anyone. To me, I will never feel love like I did last summer and if that is the case then I don't want to waste any ones time. If anyone else were to come along I would just be settling for them. Summer love always ends. It has too. There is no way a great thing like that can ever last. All good things must come to an end. It sounds cliche but it's true. Although, it doesn't say anything about great things. I guarantee there is not one girl out there that hasn't experienced summer love that does not think about it every single day of her life. If you happen to be that one girl, then there is something wrong with you. Or if you have found a way to not think about it please let me know what your trick is!

I finally found out what summer love felt like. I had never been happier in my entire life. As this summer approaches I can't even say I'm excited. Yeah I can't wait for the warm weather and the beaches, sun kissed skin, and baseball games, but these kind of things come around every year. Nothing will ever compare to how I felt last summer. I've moved on. We both did because there was no other choice. I am glad I experienced the feelings I did but losing those feelings is what makes me want to regret it even happened. I sometimes wonder whether it would have been better for me never to have gotten involved in that summer romance. Then I would never spend half of my time missing him, focusing on things that no longer exist, and I wouldn't be hoping for something to happen that never will. Was it really worth it in the end? My mind changes everyday...

No comments:

Post a Comment